Altman's Training Log

Monday, August 11, 2008

Freezing cold....

So I just stepped out of an icebath, which is the new trend this year to remove lactic acid from your legs. It seems to help, but it's pretty painful to step into freezing cold water and wait for your body to go numb. But I'll take any little edge I can get.

If you saw the results yesterday, you probably realized we didn't place quite as high as we hoped, but we are looking forward to racing tomorrow. In all seriousness, everytime I've been put in a situation of having extra races it has helped me out by the end of the regatta - you learn something about yourself as a crew every time you go down the course. So while we don't like having our backs against the wall, provided we get through tomorrow I think it will ultimately help us later on. We are making some minor strategic adjustments which we believe will make a difference, and we'll just be ready to race hard and improve each time we go down the course.

Go time.

7 comments:

Chris Keating said...

Good luck buddy. Dominate out there. I know you will!

Annu said...

AAAAAAALLLLLLLTTTMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNN!

Good luck, man!

SoCalAllens said...

good luck altman! continue to make us all proud.

Bethany said...

Good luck Altman! I'm in Kenya, so they are not showing rowing on the tv (though Kenya has one rower in the Olympics!) but I'm trying to watch online and keep up with results on Row2k. GO ALTMAN!!!

sean said...

Will be watching closely. All the Hoyas are proud of ya!
-Sean Hipp

Michael Newman said...

Great work man! I know you were saving some energy for the semi's ;-). Congrats and good luck going forward!

Bill said...

Congrats on making the semis Mike!